Dental Health Week (DHW) is fast approaching – and this year’s event will take place between the 1st and 7th of August 2022.
New Horizons Dental have always supported Australian Dental Association’s (ADA) encouragement of helping Australians to practice good oral health and make smarter, healthier choices to maintain good oral health.
Did you know?
- 77% of us rarely or never floss, a fundamental part of a good oral health routine,
- only 13% have visited the dentist in the past 12 months,
- 19% only brush once (or less) per day
- One-in-four people suffer from untreated tooth decay and 15% have severe tooth loss.
- 58% parents didn’t know if they were eligible for free dental care for their kids through the Government’s Child Dental Benefits Schedule (which provides $1026 in dental care every 2 years),
Statistics from https://www.sdai.com.au/australian-oral-health-statistics/#:~:text=Australian%20oral%20health%20in%20adults,15%25%20have%20severe%20tooth%20loss. & https://www.ada.org.au/News-Media/News-and-Release/Latest-News/DHW-Oral-Health-Habits-on-Trial
“Love your teeth” is the overall theme of the 2022 DHW campaign – this years’ event aims to reinforce the importance of preserving good oral health throughout the entirety of a person’s life.
Dental health week aims to educate Australains to:
- Brush teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste;
- Clean between your teeth daily using floss or interdental brushes;
- Eat a healthy diet that is low in added sugar; and
- Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care.
(Our patients regularly have “Recall Checkups” every 6 months 😊)
For more information, please visit the Australian Dental Association(ADA) website below:https://www.ada.org.au/News-Media/News-and-Release/Latest-News/Get-ready-to-show-some-love-to-your-teeth-this-Den