New Horizons Dental celebrated Dental Health Week 3-9 August
This year the Australian Dental Association’s (ADA)’s major oral health campaign, which takes place each yeah in the first week of August focused primarily on the harming effects sugar can have on your oral health.
Did you know?
- Less than 50% of Australian adults have had a dental check-up in the last 12 months*
- 53% of Australians brush their teeth only once-a-day*
- Nearly 40% never floss or clean between their teeth*
- 73% of young people (14-18 years) are consuming too much sugar*
- 47% of adults (18+ years) are consuming too much sugar*
*statistics sourced from www.ada.org.au/dental-health-week-2020/about
New Horizons Dental supports the Australian Dental Association’s encouragement of helping Australians to practice good oral health and make smarter, healthier choices to maintain good oral health.
The ADA aims to educate Australians by promoting four key points:
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth daily using floss or inter dental brushes
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit sugar intake
- Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care
For more information, please visit the Australian Dental Association(ADA) website below: